Are you fed up with throwing away your hard earned money every month on rent? Do you want to put your family into a beautiful place they can call home? What’s stopping you? Credit? Past Issues? With a rent to own property, you don’t have to face the immediate scrutiny that lenders will put you through, even if you have what they think are “problems”.
Benefits of rent to own a home through a lease purchase:
- Low option consideration (less down payment).
- Many past credit problems can be corrected or deleted from your report while living in the home.
- Less up front qualifying restrictions.
- Purchase price is agreed upon and locked in ahead of time.
- You are able to live in the house, check out the area and house thoroughly before purchasing the house.
- Appreciation of property value works in your favor since the purchase price has been agreed upon prior to taking possession of the property. Any build of equity between move in date and purchase date is yours when you exercise your purchase option!
- Option fee is fully credited to toward the purchase of the house.
- Part of the rent payment every month may credited toward the purchase price, which can also be used to offset closing costs.
- You may be able to negotiate work for equity with the seller.
- Live in the home while your income becomes documentable (self-employed).
- We work directly with loan officers to assist you in obtaining permanent financing.
Sounds great! But what are the next steps?
The first step is to position your application for rent to own, to be as desirable as possible for any landlord/seller. The cornerstone to your application is your credit score. If your score is below minimum guidelines (640 for most loans and 620 for FHA) you will need to develop a documentable plan to raise your score. All properties listed on this web site have an affiliate relationship with www.mycreditteam.com. They are experts in the credit restoration and enhancement industry who not only will work on your behalf to raise your score but will keep the landlord/seller up to date as to the progress of your credit enhancement process.
If you have enrolled in a credit enhancement program (assuming your score was below 640 to start) you can begin looking at homes immediately i.e. YOU DON’T NEED TO WAIT FOR YOUR SCORE TO GO ABOVE 640. If you have not enrolled in credit restoration and your score is below 640 your application for a rent to own property will not be taken seriously since there is no plan in place to position your credit score to be in the range acceptable for a mortgage loan.
The next step is to look at our currently available properties. If you see something which interests you, simply fill out the Tenant/Buyer Information page or contact us letting us know you’re ready and we can put you in contact with and affordable home provider in the area you need. Once you complete an application our lease options specialist in your area will contact you and discuss what will be needed to prepare for finance.
What is required to qualify for a lease purchase property?
Great question!! When you apply for a lease purchase property, there are some main items that are being reviewed and that are being looked for:
- A Down payment – amount to be agreed upon by you and the landlord/seller
- Debt to Income Ratio Analysis – We will make certain the lease/mortgage payments are within your budget and meet underwriting guidelines. For this step you will need to provide your income documentation
- Credit report score to be above minimum underwriting standards or you must be enrolled in credit restoration / enhancement with My Credit Team.
The total amount required for move in is the Option Fee stated on the property, plus the first month’s payment. It’s that easy! The first step to the dream of home ownership begins by filling out the Tenant/Buyer Information page or contact us.